Com System in FEP UKM

Ever since I knew about the com system, actually I'm quite looking forward with it. Similar with Buddy line system in UM, it's a system used to connect seniors, juniors and batchmates together and help out each other. This system had its own value as as a minority etnic in local university, its a good thing when we have seniors to guide us throughout the midst after the MMM week.

The com system is divided into 2 major parts, which is com and direct line. So let us start up with com.

So basically we have 5 com, which is com AD, com CE, com BH, com FG and com LZ. Some might be curious where all these names come from? Well, we should be looking back to the past to find out the answer. Long time ago, FEP students was scattered around all colleges, and these colleges was also known as com. Besides, colleges was named by alphabet as well. For example, as the earliest college available in UKM, Kolej Dato Onn was known as com A and Kolej Burhanuddin Helmi was known as com D. In another words, com AD is the combination of KDO and KBH. For further information, please refer to http://www.ukm.my/portal/college/  where you can see the old names for colleges in UKM by the brackets beside the current name. So, back to the story, long time ago, seniors are distributed to each com based on which college they stayed. For example, if the senior stayed at Kolej Keris Mas just like me, he/ she should be in com BH. However, as the distribution of FEP students changed throughout the years, the name didn't bring much meaning for now. So, I was been distributed to com LZ.

Besides, we will be distributed to one senior so that we can get guidance from him/her regarding to academic issues. This is what we called as "direct system". Well, actually I'm kinda grateful that eventually I got a not bad direct laa. He did helped me in a lot of stuff no matter is academically or regarding to activities. Kinda appreciate him thou.

So, we need to perform a sketch as a com during faculty night. Can say that those days are actually quite memorable for me. We practice together, go supper together and all the guidance seniors gave us were what created one of the best memories I had in UKM.

 So this is my com, Com LZ.













I'm abit shy to show this but this the only photo I have with my direct 😐
He don't want to take photo with me at all after the fac night😐

Comments